| In tungsten inert gas arc welding (TIG), an arc is struck between a nonconsumable tungsten electrode and the workpiece.
Gas shielding (to protect the molten metal from contamination) and constant amperage are supplied during the welding operation.
- Uses nonconsumable tungsten electrode
- Uses shielding gases (Ar, He, or CO2)
- Produces very high quality welds
- Produces no slag or spatter
- Is readily applied to thin materials
Please left click on the images for a better view or follow these links: